Skip to main content

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps


I am always looking for fast, easy and nutritious meals for my busy weeknight meals.  These wraps have become one of our family favorites.  We serve these with a side of wontons or
potstickers to complete the meal. The filling can be made ahead of time and reheated if your day is extra busy. Bibb lettuce is our favorite, but feel free to use iceberg or even romaine for this dish. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

Asian Lettuce Wraps

https://www.cookingclassy.com/

Ingredients
3 tsp olive oil, divided
1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey or chicken
4 - 5 Tbsp hoisin sauce, to taste (I used Lee Kum Kee)
1 Tbsp soy sauce, (low-sodium or regular)
2 tsp sriracha (optional)
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp honey
1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
2/3 cup sliced green onions, white and light green portion, plus more green portion for serving
1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded (1/2 cup)
1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped small
1 large head Bibb lettuce or iceberg lettuce


Instructions
Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.

Add turkey or chicken in large crumbles then let cook until slightly browned on bottom, about 3 minutes, then break up and continue to cook until it's fully cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.

Meanwhile while turkey is cooking in a mixing bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, sesame oil and honey, set aside.

Drain of excess liquid from turkey (if there is any) then push to one far side of pan and pull that side of pan off heat.

Heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil in now empty side of skillet.

Add green onions and carrots and sauté 1 1/2 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and sauté 30 seconds longer.

Pour in sauce and water chestnuts then cook and toss 30 seconds longer.

Serve warm in lettuce leaves garnished with sliced green onions

  • .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bakery style Strawberry Muffins

New recipe! Can you even believe it?! Kirsti and I decided we need to get back in the habit of sharing our favorite recipes by sharing at least one a month so here you go:   I’m starting off with these scrumptious strawberry muffins. Extra large and fluffy, these muffins are bursting with strawberry bits and topped with the most delicious strawberry glaze. If you end up with extra glaze, go ahead and drizzle some extra.  No judgement here :)   Even if you already love the previous strawberry muffins on our blog, you need to try these- they are the only ones I'll be making from here on out.  They're that good!

Chocolate Covered Cream Balls

Several years ago, I sampled a Milk Chocolate Coconut at See's Candies.  It was love at first bite.  Ever since then I have made a mandatory stop every time I went into the mall to get one of these delicious chocolates.  I love them so much !  However, there are two things I didn't like about them.  1) I had to go to the mall to get them, and 2) they are SO expensive.  I think the last time I was there I paid about 75 cents for 1 chocolate. 

Bread Twists

These are my new go-to bread sticks for two reasons - taste and time. They have a wonderful buttery/garlic flavor and the kosher salt adds a delightful savory crunch.  The other thing I love about these is how quickly they come together.  It only takes one hour from start to finish.  One hour!  That's almost unheard of for a yeast bread.  Try these out next time you want some bread with your dinner but are short on time.