Skip to main content

Honey Lime Enhiladas- take 2

A while back I came across this fantastic recipe for Honey Lime Enchiladas. It was an instant hit with our family. Aaron loves these so much he even requested them for his Father's Day dinner! I had delayed posting these since Kirsti had already posted a delicious recipe for Honey Lime Enchiladas, but as these aren't identical and since they are in our top 5 meals I feel they deserve to be posted anyway :)






Honey Lime Enchiladas
from The Sister's Cafe


1.5 lbs pork or chicken, cooked and shredded

Sauce:
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1 TBSP chili powderb
1/2 tsp garlic powder

2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce (I like to use Herdez Salsa Verde)
equal parts mixed together of:
mozzarella cheese, shredded
cheddar cheese, shredded
flour tortillas

Mix together sauce ingredients then add to shredded pork or chicken. Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.

Lightly spray 2 pans with non-stick baking spray. ( I usually use one 9X13 but it may vary with how thick you stuff your enchiladas. Pour green enchilada sauce into pans to coat the enitre bottom. Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place in dish.

Pour remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn on broiler and place enchiladas nearer the top of the oven. Let it broil until the cheese is slightly brown and crispy. It is now time to WOW your family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding (Re-post with a picture )

Does this dessert sound familiar to you?  I originally posted it last Summer, but didn't have a picture at the time.  I'm excited to be able to post this picture now so you can see how yummy it looks!  I first had this pudding at a BBQ last Summer.  One bite and I was hooked.  This fabulous pudding sits on top of a layer of bananas and is sandwiched between two delicious cookies. Does it get any better than that?  Banana pudding didn't used to be something I craved, but it definitely is now.  It is Heavenly!  Also, it's very easy to make.  So try it out sometime.  I bet you'll become a banana pudding fan too.

Royal Icing for Sugar Cookies

While I love my Scrumptious Sugar Cookie frosting , Royal Icing is the way to go for decorated cookies that harden enough to stack and package. It definitely takes more time and patience, but the end result is so satisfying! You can make such fun cookies without having to worry about the frosting coming off.  Royal Icing can get super hard, and while this is perfect for building Gingerbread Houses, it’s not so great when you want to actually eat the cookie. Not to worry though- adding in a little corn syrup helps the icing dry firm without being overly hard.  I also like to add in my favorite butter vanilla emulsion to make the icing extra yummy, cause at the end of the day it’s not enough to just look pretty!  There are a few different ways to make Royal Icing. My favorite method is using Meringue Powder. If you can’t find this or don’t want to buy it, you can use egg whites instead. Or, if you’re in a pinch you can make some with just powdered sugar and water. You can find some recip

Brown Butter Caramel Snickerdoodles

If you try one new cookie recipe this Fall, let it be this one!! I'm not kidding when I say that this is  one of the best cookies I've ever made.  They've already received rave reviews and comments such as, "Amazing!", and "Incredible!"  These are not your average snickerdoodle, not that I have anything against the traditional ones, they are made with browned butter and extra brown sugar for a rich caramel taste.  But wait, it also has a caramel center! And of course that classic chewy texture with a cinnamon/sugar coating.  I could eat these every single day. They are SO GOOD you guys!